Chicken Stroganoff Recipe
As many of us have, I’ve tried to create new recipes for my family during the quarantine. My husband wanted something different for dinner and I couldn’t think of what to cook. I thought about things I hadn’t ate in a while and Stroganoff came up. I hadn’t made Stroganoff in a long time. I don’t eat alot of beef so I decided to try it with chicken.
Chicken Stroganoff was easy and tasty to create. I opted for a looser sauce than the traditional thick sauce. Below I have laid out a step by step guide to chicken Stroganoff.
For this recipe, I used a pack of chicken tenderloin instead of ground chicken. Take chicken out the pack and clean. Place in a bowl once you’re done.
1. Add 1 tbsp of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, Mrs. Dash original seasoning, onion powder, and paprika to your chicken and mix.
2. In a medium skillet on medium temperature add olive oil and cook chicken until done.
3. Remove chicken from your skillet and add in your veggies (onion, minced garlic, and mushrooms). Cook until veggies are soft.
4. Once veggies are soft, remove from the skillet and add three tbsp of real butter. Once butter melts add in 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup of white cooking wine, 1-1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
*If you would like a thicker sauce substitute heavy whipping cream for sour cream.*
5. Simmer the sauce on low/medium temperature, adding in the remaining seasoning (garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and Mrs Dash original seasoning). Whisk sauce until seasoning is blended. Add in veggies and chicken, turn temp down to low and cover with lid. Let your sauce simmer.
6. While chicken is simmering in sauce, start your asparagus. Add olive oil into medium skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic, asparagus, cracked black pepper, 1/2 tbsp of Mrs Dash original and half lemon. Cook until asparagus is soft.
7. In a medium pot bring one cup of water, dash of olive oil, and two cups of chicken stock to a boil. Add in 3 cups of eggs noodles. Cook noodles until they are soft. Over cooking egg noodles will give them a messy texture.
Once noodle are done serve dinner with your choice of bread.